Adam specialises in forensic accounting and valuations, with an ambition to help people and businesses and provide real value to clients. Adam has a wide range of relevant experience across various services lines to apply to forensic accounting and valuation instructions, to deliver an efficient and effective service to clients.
Adam’s recent forensic accounting and valuations experience includes:
- Valuations in the context of disputes (e.g. shareholder disputes, single joint expert (SJE) etc.) and for probate and tax purposes;
- Commercial valuations including company/share valuations in the context of potential and ongoing transactions / succession and future planning, utilising cost / income / market valuation approaches and techniques
- Purchase price disputes
- Completion accounts and earn out disputes
- Financial reporting and accuracy investigations
- Independent financial reviews
- Fraud and related work
- Internal controls / systems reviews
Adam broader experience, which supplements his forensic and valuations skillset, includes:
- Transaction services including buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence
- Mergers & acquisitions and wider corporate finance work including sales mandates, general market and industry research, completion accounts reviews
- Audit, including time spent at Deloitte in Bristol which involved auditing industry-leading businesses in sectors such as veterinarian care and aerospace & defence, as well as national / international travel to places such as California
- Business services, including statutory accounts preparation, bookkeeping, taxation work and general business advisory work.
Prior to joining the accountancy profession, Adam completed a graduate business scheme with a national electrical wholesaler, gaining exposure to all facets of the business. Adam then spent time as a sales representative for the company, focussing on the renewable energy arm of the business.
Adam qualified as a chartered accountant in 2020. His academic achievements include a masters degree with distinction in accounting and finance and a bachelors degree with first class honours in history.
Adam enjoys spending time with family and friends, loves football and likes to follow other sports such as tennis particularly during major tournaments / events. Other interests include skiing, travelling to different places, being by the coast, and all-inclusive holidays.